Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Become A Member Of My Twibe

Hello, my name is David (Hi David) and I am a Twibes addict. Yes, I’m also a Facebook, LinkedIn and Blogging addict, but Twibes is my newest obsession.


Twibes.com allows you to join and create groups of twitter users. Why is this my newest crack cocaine? I have been following interesting people for awhile, but most of their tweets don’t interest me. With Twibes, you join a group with a similar interest.

So, if you’re into running, all the tweets in the twibe have to do with those of us insane enough to count strides and collect numbered bibs.

I can read all about all my favorite subjects at 140 characters at a time. If I want more, I can use the twibe as a portal to my new friends‘ sites or blogs. Basically, it’s a fan page for people with short attention spans.


So far, I’ve joined five twibes and started three, SocialMediaMarketers, AtlantaAdClub and AtlantaMarketers. I’m also going to recommend all my clients start a Twibe for their business. It’s a great way to reach out to new Twitterers.


So, I’ll play the street corner kid with his hood up. “C’mon. Everyone is doing it. Don’t you want to be cool. This first Twibe is on me.”

No comments: