Monday, January 18, 2010

How to make friends and blog with people

I have to say I really enjoy talking with bloggers. You have to be passionate to write about something day in and day out for months and years at a time. Most bloggers do an incredible job at coming up with content.  Others simply steal content. Then there's most bloggers that do a little of both. 

I've recently been doing some blogger outreach. It seems that most of the smaller bloggers are so hungry for content that they love an offer to guest blog or to republish an article. I recently helped a company with their newsletter. It took quite an effort to get it written, rewritten and approved. Then it went out to their customers and prospects. This is the list that gets everything the company email blasts out. 

So, I asked if I could pitch it to some of the industry bloggers.  One blog, with several thousand hits a month, picked up two of the articles.  That means the people not in their database, who might have never thought of the company is expanding their reach.  They are also getting much more ROI out of the money they already spent on that newsletter. Hopefully that means, they are happier about the job I've done.

No comments: